Wednesday 10 October 2012

Getting over the not-so-good times..

So the past week unfortunately hasn't been a very happy one, hence the lack of posts. Just having a bit of an emotional rough time and trying to deal with some facts about what people are like... Bit vague and lame-sounding, I know, but I'd rather not go into details on that and move onto improving this moody moodness! So I've dug around and found some shots I've taken the past few weeks that made me happy and grateful...

sleeping cat
Something that always calms and relaxes me is spending some time with my cats. I love watching them sleep, too, as weird as that may sound. This guy above sprawls on my bed like this all day looking like he's having the most delicious sleep ever while I'm trying to work, so I have to exercise some massive willpower muscle to not join him!

coffee and flowers at my temporary workspaces
The Factory Cafe - One of my temporary workspaces in Durban
Chocolate Gellato from The Factory Cafe
I'm so happy and grateful that I can now work from home or cool places like the ones above - it's so nice to be able to move around and spend time in inspiring surroundings with yummy food and good coffee while being productive :)

Durban beachfront FunFair
Paid a visit to the local funfair for the first time in too many years, and had a blast! Can't last that many rides without feeling sick anymore, but it was awesome!

This was the yummiest quiche I've ever had, so far! They said it was roast veg, but all I could see in it was broccoli, which was totally fine by me, veggy lover that I am. It was suuuper yum, from the Arts Cafe. I also love their Spanish coffee, which is served in a small glass and contains cinnamon and orange rind. Didn't get a pic of that or a better pic of the quiche coz it all disappeared so fast!

Durban Beach
Durban Beach
These are snaps from a quick visit to the beach on a beautiful day. The waves washing over my skin is such a wonderful feeling! Was just a pity I didn't have time for a full swim that day. 

What little things have been making you happy lately?

15 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear things have been kak, but surround yourself with things that make you happy and focus on the positive!
    xx
    www.atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might like this quote; "Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending love, hugs, high fives, and all things awesome your way sweet lady! ps: i LOVE that spanish coffee. we must grab some together next time.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like pets to cheer you up. Hope you feel better soon;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuddling with my dog always cheers me up! People might be disappointing, but pets never are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://askashe.wordpress.12 October 2012 at 15:31

    i have a brilliant saying i always go back to whenever people give me kak, "I never did mind the little people" - makes me feel better everytime - hope things improve and sorry it's been a bad time xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all sooooo much for your comments! Feeling much better and back on track, thank goodness! :) You guys are awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been doing a lot of cat cuddling! The purring is quite soothing :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, too! I saw Spanish Hot choc on the menu too, but they didn't have any that day... Yes, we must grab some together, let me know when you're keen :) Their carrot cake is fantastic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's true... and after every down, there's an up. Just gotta get through it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Pascale! Yup, went back and tried focus on what "happiness is..." ;) Always need to refocus things now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Monique! The cats do help :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup... sometimes you gotta re-evaluate who matters and how much, and remember to not make your happiness dependent on others. Mostly all better now, thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading your blog. I too used to be a durbanite...once upon a time. then i moved to dubai...now I want to go to Cape Town. but reading your blog, by the looks of it, durban seems to be edging its ass to the more creative side of life which i am quite proud of. Whoever is part of that community, all must strive hard and keep it up as thats what seems to be working in CT. hope Durban can come around, afterall, the weather is better there!!! but i did want to ask you about your blog...how do you get so creative with it? are you working with other graphical design PC programmes? Your designs are so fab!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Andrea! Yup, there is so much talent in Durban - I think there just aren't as many outlets or places to showcase that talent as in other cities. But there is more happening these days. Hope you come here again before CT!
    Thanks so much for the compliments, I do try hard to make it look good :)
    I'm a graphic designer, so I use Photoshop and Illustrator when creating all the little bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover