Thursday 7 November 2013

2-Ingredient Gluten Free Pancakes - Illustrated!

Happiness is... 2-Ingredient Gluten Free Pancakes - an easy illustrated recipe
Yup, you read correctly - just 2 ingredients! I'm not into a gluten free diet or anything but am just trying to eat healthy. I came across this and thought it couldn't possibly taste any good with just two ingredients, but it's really not bad! The banana also makes it pretty sweet, so no need to add any sweetening agents during or after (the honey in the end pic is just for fun and for anyone who likes honey). And after I made them I also just felt like drawing this so that's why it's here, haha! Anyway, they also fall into the Paleo category so if you're into that it's for you, too!

So in case the pics don't say it clearly enough, here's what you do:
Use 1 banana and 2 eggs. 
In a bowl, mash up the banana with a fork as much as you can so that it isn't chunky. 
Then add the eggs and mix it up nicely. I used a whisk for this. 
Then pour the batter into a well greased pan on medium heat in small circles the way you normally would with crumpets/flapjacks (although the recipe says "pancakes", they really are more like crumpets)
Give them about a minute on each side to cook.
Get them out the pan and eat them while they're hot and yummy! 

I sprinkled some cinnamon on mine. They were tasty and also sweet enough to satisfy a sweet craving, and so quick and easy to make.
I can't remember where I first saw the recipe but I came across it again recently here if you'd like to see the original and nutritional info.
Hope you like it! Enjoy! :)

9 comments :

  1. Definitely going to give these a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these all the time and think they are yummy. Sometimes I heat up some frozen blueberries until the juice comes out, and have that on the side so it is not as dry :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds delicious! Would be delicious with any fruit, actually.
    Mine were pretty moist and not dry, but I also adjusted the recipe coz the bananas I had were pretty small so I used one egg, so that might have changed it. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, let me know what you think :)
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. two ingredient pancakes, that's mad, love it. i love easy fixes especially for cravings. i would probably put some pb and maple on these. also found a 3 ingredient choc chip cookie - still have to try it, http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/09/chewy-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-breakfast.html but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So quick and easy to make, major WIN in my books! Definitely having this for breakfast <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! You don't even need to make time for it, it's that quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly! Love recipes that are quick, easy, healthy, and don't require buying special ingredients, and this ticks all those boxes :)
    Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover