Tuesday 12 November 2013

New Business Cards!

Happiness is... new business card designs
If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram you might have seen the quick shot I posted of my new business cards earlier this week. A promised, here's a full look at what's changed since last time.
There are 9 different back designs, some the same as last time and some new. As with last time they're all zoomed in areas from my sketchbook, all originally hand drawn or hand painted. I've made them slightly larger now at 60x90mm as opposed to the standard 50x90mm, and I really like how that looks. I think considering there's a mini ‘artwork’ on the back, the increased size suits the content.
Happiness is... new business card designs

On the front, I had this idea of adding in a little doodle block. So my doodles are on the back, and you can add your own doodle on the front! Or just use it to write some quick info, up to you. I thought it was a fun idea so I'm trying it out. I also used a different paper this time that's lightly textured with a kind of natural look to it.
Happiness is... new business card designs
Happiness is... new business card designs
Happiness is... new business card designs
Maybe I'm trying to do too much here on one little business card, but I'd really like it to have more purpose and interest than the usual. Hopefully it also adds more value to it, which is always great! This batch will be numbered since there's just a few of each design and I might do a whole new batch next time... It's kind of an experiment, and I feel oddly excited about it :)
If you didn't see the last batch, you can have a look here.

I'd love to know your opinions on these ideas, so please do share your thoughts in the comments! :)

10 comments :

  1. These are amazing! I love the doodle space too (especially useful for people to write a quick note about where they met you etc to help them remember) I know thats what I scribble on newly acquired business cards! These are really beautiful, well done girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! You are SO talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the doodle space!! I absolutely LOVE it when business cards serve/have an alternative purpose/function and I think yours nails it but still keeps in live with your whole illustrator vibe - love them! agree with Roxy on the note scribbling too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic Fathima! I want the cat ones and probably a few of the others too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! So glad you like them, and thanks for commenting :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Ché! That's fantastic, really keen to see how people end up using it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Roxy! I totally agree, it can be useful for taking notes to remember and I'd also like to encourage people to doodle, especially if they think they "can't draw". It's just fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your business cards are AMAZING!!! So interactive, your clients and prospective clients are going to love them :) Well done! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The doodle space is ahMazing! I love it when a business card gives a little something more. You totally hit the nail on the head there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover